My 2012 Chinese New Year Experienced At China Town

As we all know Chinese New Year is three weeks late to the usual New Year of the Catholics, however, both have the same principles. To have a new beginning, prosperity and abundant happiness in life.

Catholic and Chinese or even other religions I know for sure that they have a strong beliefs in the power of prayers to the extend in the Gods aboves us. Happiness, good health, prosperity, success are the common wishes and chants of the peoples not only here in the Philippines but in all corners of the world where we ask for the good karma. Well I believe that to have a good Karma, all you have to do is do good. The more good things you've done the more good Karma you will earn.



I have experienced to watch the best Dragon Dance ever the day before the Chinese New Year was come to happen. The Ongpin Chinese Dragon dancers are very graceful in their moves while they are performing their Dragon Dance for us. 




There are also, exhibits along Ongpin and see what I have seen and tried to experience during a day of strolling along Manila China Town. I meet different people both Chinese and Filipinos, I had a great time talking with them while their expressing their love in our country. I even pray to Budha and got Dharma message with scroll that I think I can use in my daily life.  I made a wish in wishing tree and create my own fortune origami for my doors and windows. 




Aside from that there are also, some activities in different booths. You can even see some chinese who plays chinese checkers, product sampling and chinese book store where you can buy chinese stuffs like books, dolls, etc. and at the near end of Ongpin saw the Arch of Manila China Town.
 


I never waste my time to get there not to go to the Eng Bee Tin Shop. Hopia Mongo, Hopia Kundol, Tikoy with different flavors and variation are all yummy goodies that you can bring along with you before you go home. 



I was even invited in a temple to celebrate the Chinese New Year, but I need to go home for I have something to do at home. I wish next Year I will get a chance to get to the temple where I can whisper to Budha all my wishes. 

Chinese's calendar  begins with the Jade Emperor or Buddha, who is summoned all the animals in the universe for a race. Then their ordered was determined when they came to the palace with this 12 animals and represents as the 12 Chinese zodiac sign. The order is as follows: 

Rat: (1984, 1996, 2008, add 12 years for each subsequent year)
Ox: (1985, 1997, 2009,2021)
Tiger: (1986, 1998, 2010, 2022)
Rabbit: (1987, 1999, 2011, 2023)
Dragon: (1976, 1988, 2000, 2012)
Snake: (1977, 1989, 2001, 2013)
Horse: (1978, 1990, 2002, 2014)
Ram: (1979, 1991, 2003, 2015)
Monkey: (1980, 1992, 2004, 2016)
Chicken: (1981, 1993, 2005, 2017)
Dog: (1982, 1994, 2006, 2018)
Pig: (1983, 1995, 2007, 2019)





Of course, I visit the arch where the Filipino and Chinese had made their friendship strong as ever.


During the day of walking, celebrating the Chinese New Year.  I cross the streets of  Quintin Paredes, Nueva and T. Pinpin then I saw the old commercial establishments in there where we used to go to deliver the leather products that my family used to trade into those Chinese businessmen in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED