Know The 10 Commandments For Responsible Voting


One week before the election and I was at the Our Lady of Atonement Cathedral in Baguio after the mass where I spend sometime rooming around the place and there was something I can't explain why I should read a bulletin board were I can see the things to keep in mind before we vote on this coming election day on May 13, 2013.

I have pass by with this bulletin board but its caught my attention to get back and give a few minutes to read it. It's actually the 10 Commandments of Responsible Voting. 

So, I decided to post it here and share it with you and that goes like this;

1. Vote according to the dictate of your conscience.

2. Respect the decision of others in choosing their candidates.

3. Seek to know the moral integrity, capabilities, and other personal qualities of the candidates you will vote for.

4. Strive to understand the issues, platform, and programs of candidates and parties campaigning for your vote.

5. Do not sell your vote.

6. Do not vote for candidates using guns, goons, gold, and glitter.

7. Do not vote for candidates tainted with graft and corruption.

8. Do not vote for candidates simply because of "utang na loob", popularity, good looks, or pakikisama.

9. Do not vote for candidates living an immoral life.

10. Always put the welfare of the country as top priority in choosing the candidate you will vote for.

Thanks to the Diocese of Baguio, Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPCRV), and NAMFREL for this meaningful reminders.

We can actually vote for who ever we want to vote but I think its still the best if you should start think twice, trice or even hundred times before we make our final decisions for who among those candidates that we are eyeing to vote for. They may have different kinds of platform and promised programs for our country but  it's still your decision and right to choose who you think can be a good leader.

How I wish I can practice my rights to vote but not for this election for I can't go back to Manila instantly. Just keep in mind that those commandments are only guides for your better decisions.

Practice your rights! Vote wisely!

Photo Courtesy of: bazics.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED