Hortikultura Filipina 2018: Philippine Endemic, Indigenous & Hybrid Plants and Arts Festival

One of the reason why I join the Hortikultura  Filipina 2018 is because of my love to nature. When I say Nature it is the plants, tress and everything who has life with greens. Though, I admit that I don't eat greens but my love for them is overflowing. The main reason is that, it gives me a relaxing feeling every time I see plants and flowers. It give a refreshing feeling and happy smile. 

And I would say that I'm lucky to have a green thumb. I used to plant herbs outside our home and I notice that it becomes one of avenue to distressed. I have Basil, Dill, Rosemary, Italian Oregano, Oregano among the rest. I would like to try something different now. However, I more love to plant those who are edible.



For those who don't kow yet. The Hortikultura Filipina is a plants and arts festival that showcases our Philippine Endemic, Indigenous and Hybrid Plants. This year, its from February 3 to 11 at the Quezon City Memorial Cirle. There will be a Corporate Landscapes, new ideas on Vertical Lanscape, Horti and Non-horti Commercial booths, Arts Battle & exhibits, Potted Plants Competition for Ornamentals, Cacti & Succulents, Dish Garden Competition. 





There will be also a Terrarium, Aquascape and Vivarium Exhibit, Edible Urban Landscape and a lot more! A series of lectures and workshops for the 10 days duration from the Philippine Horticulture Society and in partnership with Department of trade and Industries.





I super enjoy the walking tour and able to get a chance to learn something during that time. Rence Chan who facilitate the tour was very enthusiast to share his knowledge to all of us in the group. He never stop talking and I admire his skill remembering all the plants name as well as their scientific names.



I love the Flower Garden, I got the moment to take selfies and pose everywhere. It was so fun doing it while learning something different that you cannot learn inside the four corners of school.


It was a tiring but super fabulous day and I was able to take home a pot of flower and a seedlings of Tomato, Sili, and the other one which I don't know what it is. Will just tell you later once it grows more.


Guys! There's still time to visit the Hortikultura Filipina 2018. Catch more activities on this coming weekends. Go buy some cactus and start enjoy planning on your yard. Its never too late... Let's go GREEN!



No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED