Try Making Filipino Maki Using Mrs. Lam’s Rice

Got another product to review. I'm so glad that there are lots of people and brands who trusted me to review their products. Last weekend, I received a package from Sarangani Bay Premium Bangus and I love it. The freshness and the flavorful boneless milkfish of Sarangani Bay.

A few days ago, I got the Mrs. Lam Premium Sinandomeng Special Rice. Thinking I should try it making my Filipino Maki again. Actually, this is not the first time that I use Sinandomeng rice in making my very special Maki. However, this the first time I will try Mrs. Lam Premium Sinandomeng rice.

Let's get it on, first, I prepared all the ingredients that I will need. What are those? Check out below.

Ingredients:      
               
1 cup of Mrs. Lam's Premium Sinandomeng Special Rice
Smoked fish (I use the Sarangani Bay Smoked since it was included in the other package I got last weekend)
1 ripe mango
2 red Tomato
1 Salted Egg
Nori wrapper (seaweed wrapper)


Procedure:

Cook the rice and put it in a bowl. Then, arrange all the ingredients in the bamboo mat with plastic wrap. Placing the Nori first and followed by Mrs. Lam's Premium Sinandomeng Special Rice. Next, place the tomato, mango, salted egg, and smoked fish on top of rice. Once it was done, roll the bamboo mat and cut the Maki in 1 inch thick. Repeat the procedure until finish all the remaining ingredients. Serve warm with soy sauce and wasabi.

The original California Maki uses Japanese rice with rice vinegar, sugar and salt. My version doesn't have rice vinegar, sugar and salt because of the ripe mango, salted egg and smoked fish give its own distinctive taste that complements with the Mrs. Lam’s Premium Sinandomeng Special Rice. I like the texture of the rice not too gritty. It stays in place and holds the other ingredients. Perfect to use in making Maki, Sushi or Sashimi.

I rarely cook at home because husband used to prepare it for us. And if you're asking me, how was the Filipino Maki I created? I'm telling you that it really tastes so good because my office mates eat it all.


Next time, I will try to cook more using Mrs. Lam's Premium Special Rice. Perhaps, my favorite paella. What do you think?

By the way, to give some background about Mrs. Lam's Rice. It is available at leading supermarkets and can be sold in 2, 5, 10, 25 and 50kg packed but also sold on a per kg basis.

Mrs. Lam's rice has many varieties of locally milled rice from the fragrant Dinorado Special, Whole Grain Sinandomeng, Long Grain, Sinandomeng Special, Sinandomeng , Laon (old crop),  Organic Red, Organic Brown rice to the imported ones like Japanese and Thai Jasmine.

The newest endorser of the product is Danica Sotto-Pingris who recommends the fragrant Dinorado Special or Sinandomeng Rice for special occasions or if you want to impress your visitors, you can go for the Thai Jasmine rice or the short grain Japanese variety rice.

Mrs. Lam's rice is freshly milled, you can keep it for 1-2 months provided it was stored in a cool dry place with proper ventilation. To avoid weevil growth, the rice bins or containers should be properly emptied, cleaned and dried after each replenishment.

Mrs. Lam's Rice is distributed in the Philippines by ECT Enterprises based in Malaking Ambling, Magdalena, Laguna and is available in most major supermarkets and groceries. For details, call 0922-8388365 or email ectent@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED