The Generation Of Ice Cream

It was so much fun to reminisce the past memories of your childhood. I remember when I was four (4), I used to wait on my Lola's garden for the Mamang Sorbetero to come. What I did is to tell granny to help her in watering her plants just to see if the Sorbetero was coming. Indeed, I always see him pushing his cart and making a sound out of his bell to enticing children to come over him.



Today, I would say that I have tasted different Ice creams. From the cheaper up to the expensive one. I even tried visiting Ice cream Parlor even before. On my teenage years, I used to go to the Ice cream Station called "Pinky Pop", it's somewhere in Morayta corner Recto Ave. in Manila.



Their ice cream taste good and of course my favorite flavor is Chocolate Fudge with Chocolate Syrup. That was in the Pinky Pop. Selecta, Magnolia, Nestle, and more are those branded name who marked in the heart of the Filipino when it comes to public consumption. 


Just recently I have tried and tasted the ice cream from Paradis, a natural ice cream made from soya and olive oil. They have different flavor of ice cream such as coco & vanila, chocolate & tomato, malunggay, wasabi, peanut butter and the red beet & orange. I like the the four flavor except for the wasabi and the malunggay.






What is Ice Cream?


Based on WikipediaIce cream is a frozen dessert usually made from dairy products, such as milk and cream, and often combined with fruits or other ingredients and flavours. Most varieties contain sugar, although some are made with other sweeteners. In some cases, artificial flavourings and colourings are used in addition to (or in replacement of) the natural ingredients. This mixture is stirred slowly while cooling to prevent large ice crystals from forming; the result is a smoothly textured ice cream.


Trivia


  • July was designated for National Ice Cream Month in 1984 by President Ronald Reagan, the 40th President of the United States of America.
  • By definition, ice cream contains at least 10 percent milk fat and 12 percent sugar. 
  • The most popular flavor of ice cream is vanilla but chocolate remains the undisputed favorite of Filipinos making it the number one flavour launched and developed by manufacturers in the Philippines.

Others like it in cone, some like it in cups while there are few who love it inside a bun, simply I don't understand. Until one day, out of my curiosity I did experiment and tried it. At first it looks yucky to me indeed its yummy. Whatever types of ice cream it is, expensive or inexpensive. I still prepare the so called dirty ice cream which I have been missing and eating since I was a child. The Mamang Sorbero and the sounds of his bell will never be the same and will still remains on my memories.


Photo Courtesy of: mixph.com, beyondferon.com,lildedprinxez.tumblr

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    INSTAGRAM FEED