Plana's Pantry Serves Filipino-Western Cuisine

Last September 6, 2014, I was invited to join a group of food bloggers to try a newly open restaurant named Plana's Pantry. When I entered to the place, my eye caught instantly was their interiors and furniture. It was so homey yet so relaxing place to dine. 

The white and teal color combination is perfect as well as the hanging plants in the wall together with the wall frames with food-related quotes. Additionally, their place mat has different food quoted text and one of my favorites says, "STRESSED is DESSERTS spelt BACKWARDS." 




Plana's Pantry serves fantastic food choices such as Starters & Sides, All Day Brunch, Steak Special, Pasta, soup and Salad (currently not available), Mains, and Desserts & Ice Creams, as well as their signature drinks. 




We have Mushroom Salpicao and Battered Fish & Shrimp with Fries for starters. I love the Mushrppm Salpicao. You can taste the batter and garlic flavor in it. Then we tried their special dishes. I have Angus Rib eye Steak in medium done. While other blogger friends ordered Lamb Masala, Gandara Steak, Meltique Steak, and Hickory BBQ Ribs which we all tried by taking a portion in every order we had just to taste the food because they served us the food as it is the original serving.



We also tried the Plana's Sisig which reminds us (Alice, Dems, Cristal and me) the Vigan Tour because of it crunchiness and the Lengua which is really tender and tasty, the gravy like sauce  of it with mushroom complements the Lengua. I don't usually eat Lengua until I tried their version and its a thumb up for me. 

I also love the Hickory BBQ Ribs. It has a sweet taste, and the ribs are so tender too and Lamb Masala is really "Malasa" (Tasty). All foods are served with side dishes. I should have appreciated my ordered Angus Rib-Eye Steak if it was served to me hot from the grill as well as their Basil Rice but the plating, and the serving is good. 




And of course, a dining experience will ends with sweet treats. We have Chocolate Rumble and Avocado Mambo. The ice cream is made Mr. Plana (the owner) and his son.  By the way, you really get chilled with their signature drinks like Dalandan juice, Calamsi juice and Calamansi juice with malunggay, who has a little bitter taste. 

The crew are very attentive and gracefully give all our requests. Also, I have notice that the owner was very hands-on to their business.  Based on what I have seen during that day, the soft opening of their store was successful because there are customers who already coming in. One good things is that their store location which is very accessible to people in the area as well as the condominium community which is adjacently situated at them. 

Visit Plana's Panty at 50 Domingo M. guevara St. (formerly Libertad St.) Highway Hills, Mandaluyong City. You can call them at 0917 630 8256, email them at planaspantry@gmail.com and LIKE them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/planaspantry/. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED